Aug 10, 2009

Sunday Nights at GSMs


Aritzia. Most girls would be going crazy by now, just hearing the name A.R.I.T.Z.I.A.   Last night I attended the Aritzia event of the year.  Every employee looks forward to this highlight event that only comes around once every 6 months --- the Aritzia general staff meeting - GSM- for short. Its a evening that gets every style muse out on a hunt for THE outfit.  A outfit that has to be unique and stylish among all the stylista's Aritzia employees and, not only that it has to be non-Aritzia. So basically it is pretty impossible.  As a employee of almost five years - coming November, I have almost given up the same kind of excitement my fellow co-workers experience. Don't get me wrong though - I still look forward to the event.  I mean who would mind going to a fashion show with 200 good looking -well dressed girls, good appetizers, free gifts, and on top of that you get paid to be there!  

Every year they try to make the GSM a little different, this year they changed the location.  So, instead of heading down to the usual Rocky Mountain Station for the past...5? GSM we arrived at the Vogue Theater on Granville. A little smaller, but it had a cute little old-school-movie star- red carpet feel to it.    = ) 


We also had some special guests; like Jillian from the Bachelorette and the President of VANOC 2010.  On top of all that, Aritzia's VP also announced the new position that will be implementing for coming season.  Its called "SS" - its in quotations like that because the full name sounds like a joke - so I'm just going to refer it to as "SS" =)

This position has been in the making for the past year but, to me it feels more like the past four years.  Last year the VP approached me and discussed how she will be basically making a tailored position for me and the few others who are in the same boat. People who are in the top 10% of sales but only working part-time - more like 8 hrs for me! =P lol.  Well finally "SS" is coming out in September and I'm proud to say I get to be one of the first.  It's weird how I don't feel as happy as I thought I would be.   Maybe its the fact that I waited so long for this I don't even want it like I use to, or maybe it just hasn't hit me yet? I guess I will see in a few weeks when I know! = ) So stay tuned. 

A couple of days ago I was grabbing coffee when I realized they came out with this new mini starbucks card! I immediately swap my existing card for this cute little green one that can be attached to my keys. I thought I would share it with all you guys so you can go check it out too - but you probably wont get as excited as me  = P but its cute so you should get it anyways. Back to studying = ( ! 
XOXO. 


The Way I see it #198 
You can shower a child with presents or money, but what do they really mean, compared to the most valuable gift of all -- your time? Vacations and special events are nice, but so often the best moments are the spontaneous ones.  Being there. Every moment you spend with your child could be the one that really matters. 

Aug. 10.**Happy Birthday Sister <3**

1 comment: